segunda-feira, 22 de setembro de 2008

I believe in Art, I believe in Art because it's Art. I have Faith in Art and I believe in the power of Art. Faith in Art and passion are essential as an artist, there is no doubt. But Art does not change your life when you stay passive, Art changes your life when you have the courage to be active yourself. Active in thinking. Art has the ability to create its own space, its own reality, its own truth. Doing Art is not utopian, doing Art is not dreaming or escaping reality. Art creates the condition to confront the other, directly, without communication, mediation or explanation. I am not doing my artwork for an ideal world - but I want to do my artwork in this non-transparent, in this violent, in this complex, and in this chaotic world we are living in, I am part of it and I want this to be obvious in my work. There is no ideal world and there is no ideal artwork.

- Thomas Hirschhorn, Where do I stand? What do I want?

Sem comentários: